Orthopedic Physical Therapy
We are able to utilize specific hands-on treatment during our 60 minute one-on-one sessions. Manual therapy techniques including IASTM, soft tissue massage, spinal/joint mobilizations, and more! These techniques are specifically utilized to decrease your pain to allow you to perform exercises that will empower you to return to your lifestyle as quickly as possible!
Expert orthopedic care encompassing various treatment techniques that have been validated through research. Orthopedics includes injuries to joints, bones, muscles, tendons, and ligaments. These injuries may be traumatic or come on over time for no apparent reason. We also provide physical therapy services to patients who have had surgery or are trying to prevent themselves from having surgery.
Low back and neck pain are the second most reported ailment behind the common cold. Over 80% of patients will have an episode of low back pain at some point in their life. Without physical therapy the odds of a reccurence of low back pain within one year is 80%, versus 35% to those who have undergone skilled physical therapy.
Athletes also may sustain injury during competition or training. Physical therapy has been shown to stabilize an injury and return athletes back to the field or court. Proper instruction from a physical therapist can help prevent the injury from coming back and optimize their performance.
As we get older our balance tends to regress, which increases our fall risk. Physical Therapy has been shown to improve patient balance, gait speed and decrease their fall risk. This can be done with simple exercises under the instruction of a skilled physical therapist.
Conditions We Treat
- Low back/neck pain: strains, bulging discs, Degenerative Disc Disease/osteoarthritis, stenosis, headaches, Cervical and Lumbar radiculopathies/tingling/numbness, sciatica, neuropathies, whiplash, chronic pain, scoliosis, Sacroiliac joint pain/dysfunction, surgical prevention and rehabilitation
- Shoulder/elbow/wrist/hand pain: rotator cuff strain/tendonitis/tear, Labral (SLAP) or (Bankart) Tear, osteoarthritis, shoulder Impingement, Biceps Tendonitis, Tennis Elbow (Lateral Epicondylitis), Golfer's Elbow (Medial Epicondylitis), Carpal Tunnel syndrome, Little Leaguer's Elbow, fracture
- Hip/knee/ankle/foot pain: strain/sprain/tear, Hamstring/Achilles tendonitis, Trochanteric/Patellar bursitis, osteoarthritis, Femoroacetabular Impingement (FAI), Patellofemoral (PF) pain syndrome, Iliotibial (ITB) Syndrome, Meniscal Tear, Chondromalacia Patella, ACL/PCL Reconstruction rehabilitation, Plantar Fasciitis
- Total Joint Replacement including: Total Knee Replacement (TKR), Total Hip Replacement (THR), Total Shoulder Replacement (TSR), Total Ankle Replacement (TAR)
- Overuse syndromes including tendonitis
- Sports related injuries: weekend warriors, sprains/strains
- Fractures including Open Reduction Internal Fixation (ORIF), external fixators
- Arthritis / rheumatoidism: osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis
Temporomandibular joint dysfunction (TMJ) syndrome/post-surgery
- Benign Paroxysmal Positional Vertigo (BPPV)
- Balance- related issues, ataxic gait, difficulty walking, unsteady gait
- Parkinson's Disease
Sports Medicine and Performance
- Injury Prevention
- ACL Injury Prevention
- Conditioning programs: cardiovascular conditioning, strength training
- Return to sports training
- CrossFit Athletes